Sunday 10 February 2013

VALENTINES COOKIES







Next Thursday we celebrate St Valentines day,it's strange to think that the lovers symbol of a heart pierced by an arrow commemorates the death of this saint,and just a little gory too.

I decided to make some cookies to mark the occasion,an excuse for a bit of fun I suppose.
I used a recipes published on Tuesday December 13th 2012,it is the same cookie dough I use for stained glass window biscuits
I chose this mix as it cuts out neatly,tastes very good and keeps well in an air tight tin.
Nothing could be easier than decorating these little treats, all you need is a little glacé icing and a few sugar flowers, (I buy mine on line) and a little time.

Pipe a little icing on to the hear cookie and set with a couple of the sugar flowers,you see I told you it was simple. This basic cookie dough is perfect for batch baking in large amount for such things as church fĂȘtes or a school bazaar and can be decorated to suit any occasion.

I gave myself a lazy day and apart from cooking dinner,washing my hair, and tidying out a chest of drawers I have been very ,very lazy indeed. I intend to continue to be lazy for the remainder of the day and shall retire to bed shortly with my cat and a bag of sweets. Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment