Sunday 24 February 2013

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN







Even though I am still in the grip of a howling cold I feel like doing a jig! When my son arrives home tomorrow it will be the end of what has been a bad time for us all.
Being carer to someone whose health is as poor as Pa's while at the same time catering for the needs of a night worker has taxed me to the uttermost.

While my son enjoyed his work I could at least feel that there was a reason to carry on with such a punishing schedule, but as things changed and the soul of the place was sucked out, it began to feel like labour in vain.

During the past eight years my own health has deteriorated ,trying to ensure that this fact did not compromise either my care of Pa or my son's welfare has exacerbated matters and I am now at the limit of my strength.

Things will have to change I know ,and I welcome that change. Now, at last I may do as my |Doctors tell me and rest, before it is too late.
I shall have time to watch my birds again,time to sketch and paint for the first time in years,the stress of needing to be on my guard 24 hours a day will be over as my son will be home at night .
I short I shall no longer have to face caring for Pa alone.

My son will have his life back and will be able once more to have a proper social life,and most of all time to write. There is real excitement among his friends about his forthcoming publications . For me,just to see him happy and relaxed again will give me new heart and a quiet mind.
He is strong,brave,loyal and much too intelligent to waste any more of his life in a job which is as hopeless as attempting to bail out the Titanic.

Time to man the lifeboats,time for a new life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment