Monday 29 April 2013

GUESTS AT THE CAFE AVIE






Our day began with a full English breakfast shared with a guest. Our Maintenance Manager is as you know a nasty bit of work and it has become a sort of tradition that when ever he goes on holiday we entertain his staff for a slap up breakfast to start the good times rolling.
A good time and a large breakfast was had by all after which I sent Pa back to bed as he had not slept well,tucked up under a soft fleece he soon fell asleep and a couple of hours later he woke feeling much better and went outside to feed the birds.

We are at last getting a new extractor hood for the cooker installed and I shall be very grateful when it is done,the old one has no lights as the bulbs shatter as soon as they are installed ,and the fan sounds rather like an ailing hair-dryer,coughing and spluttering and the occasional deep grinding noise it makes can be very disconcerting.

The fitting of the new extractor occasioned a visit from another member of the staff which just happened to coincide with afternoon tea time ,and so of course he was invited to stay.
There were sausage rolls,quiche and several sorts of cakes left over from yesterdays party and we all enjoyed finishing them off.

We have done rather a lot of entertaining recently and I am pleased to say that I have coped well with the extra work,today I strimmed the orchard pathways and tidied up my shed ,much to the boys amazement. After the exertions of the weekend they expected me to be exhausted today, the fact that I was not has made me very happy indeed as it must mean that I am getting stronger
I do hope so.

Tomorrow I hope to sow my new seeds and my son is to help me with moving the containers, A kind friend picked up six bags of compost for me today and I now have all I need to begin the new seasons growing,hoping for good weather,fingers crossed.

Our pair of Collared Doves are nesting nearby and are at the bird feeders daily,they are such dear,pretty little birds and we are lucky to have them in the garden.
Now I'm off for a hot shower before bed,I intend to watch a Will Hay film ,a nice change from the gloom and doom of the news,for a change.                            

No comments:

Post a Comment