Sunday 28 April 2013

PARTY AT AVIES







Pa and I have just withdrawn from the feasting to allow the younger guest the liberty to talk as they please. I spent a lovely day making and baking all manner of pastries until there was so much food that we could not get all of it on the table. It has been my experience that young men are always hungry so I followed my instincts and made loads of everything.

The Dungeoneers are a fine body of men,they are good humoured, intelligent, kind and thoughtful, amongst other attributes and I an glad that my son has such good friends. They also have healthy appetites which endears them to me,as I love to cook.

The men did their best endeavours and managed to demolish a good amount of the party food,it is always a pleasure to give these chaps a party,Pa and I are very fond of them all and consider them family,what could be better than a house full of hungry boys.

I intend ,if all goes well,to cook a medieval banquet for the Dungeoneers this Christmas, roast chicken,game and trenches, game pie, and sweetmeats,and of course lots of mulled wine.

I hope that cooking this banquet will help me not to miss making a party for my sons friends at work, it will seem strange not to be baking all the seasonal goodies,so a banquet might fill the gap.

Pa has nodded off and I think now that I shall take a bath as I am very tired.

I have loved every minute of today and with so many birthdays to celebrate all at once it is no wonder things were merry.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment