Wednesday 10 April 2013

SUNSHINE,SMILES AND A PURRING CAT.






After several days of alarms and excursions,hope and grief we are at last returning to our normal selves,this includes our two lovely cats.
The death of the kitten caused more pain to us all than I could have believed possible after so short a time with us. Tuesday was dreadful, poor Moth could not understand what had happened and we were all so tired that we had no strength left,there were many tears.

I could not believe how upset my son was, through out the whole thing he had been strong and brave, decisive and in control,
He held out until we buried the poor little scrap in the garden beside the beehive,poor boy,he sobbed as if his heart would break,he has not cried so since he was eight years old. We clung to each other in the chilly garden,Moth watched from the window.

|For the first time since the kitten had died she showed signs of real distress and we were kept busy distracting her for the next few hours which was good for all of us. She settle down and during dinner sat with us at the table as usual on her own chair. Things were returning to normal faster than I could have hoped.

Having had no sleep since Friday I found it hard to keep my eyes open during dinner and so after a hot shower I went thankfully to my bed and actually managed to sleep for a few hours.

The sun came out this morning and Twiggy,Pa and I went out in to the garden to pull a few weeds and tidy up a little,more than anything Twiggy likeS to have company in the garden

Today we are still tired and sad but there is a silver lining even to this dark cloud,Moth has overcome her fear of being picked up,and better still has become so fond of my son that she has also conquered her fear of going upstairs and is now spending time with my son in his room;something he has been hoping for ever since she came to stay. She sat purring like a small engine while sitting on my son's bed,Twiggy purred just as loudly as she curled up on mine and poor Pa began to smile again as he watched.

She looks at my son adoringly,I am sure she understands that it was he who saved her life.
My dear boy wanted to pay for all the Vets bills and Pa and I have been at some pains to make him accept contributions from us,finally it was agreed that we would each pay a third.

How I wish that all those well meaning friends and relations who insisted that he would grow up to be selfish if we continued to spoil him could be here today to eat their words. I am more proud of him than I can possibly say.




















No comments:

Post a Comment