Sunday 26 May 2013

NOTHING GOING ON !




Today,against all the odds I managed to have a quiet day at home, I can't believe it,the boys can't believe it,it really is a huge achievement for me.
To begin with this was the day of the Conservation Group fĂȘte, a strange biannual event which has in the past involved me in several weeks hard work ,you may recall that last April I had the fĂȘte at my house due to the torrential rain.

I have mentioned my reasons for disentangling myself from this event and those who organise it in an earlier blog,what amazes me is that I actually managed to stick to my resolve and steer clear of the event. My son would have been furious if I had caved in and to be honest I do see his point.
I wish them well and will support them is any other way,but my days of stumbling around a muddy allotment on crutches are over.

Hardly had the breakfast dishes been cleared than Pa and I received and invitation to tea at a neighbours house., a kind gesture which we both appreciated. Unfortunately Pa was not at all well today,during the first hour out of bed he managed to spill a mug of coffee over the carpet and drop a heavy metal ornament on to a plate ,to the detriment of both: so the idea of letting him lose on some ones best china tea set gave me the jim-iams.

During the past couple of days I have been in quite a lot of pain, and the prospect of any kind of company was anathema to me, just holding my head up is an effort at such times,and the pain relief which has,thankfully, given me a little respite makes me dizzy, I get quite high on the stuff. We declined politely with regret.

I spent the afternoon doing as my son had instructed, I went to bed,it was such a relief and I slept for several hours, while my son and his friends played board games in the kitchen and kept an eye on Pa.

This may not seem to be a very exciting way of spending a Bank Holiday but for me a few hours off duty are a rare and special treat. I must take my sons good advice more often.

I shall call on my kind neighbour tomorrow,and take him a cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment