Friday 31 May 2013

NE'ER CAST A CLOUT,TILL MAY IS OUT





Well here we are folks at the end of what has proved to be the wettest and the coldest May since 1963...I remember it well. Just between ourselves I do not feel the least inclined to run about on the first on June in gay abandon casting “clouts” in all directions!

Today, in spite of the sunshine the wind was chilly and out of the sun it felt uncomfortably cold. My poor courgette plants are still minute which suggests that they too are finding the garden on the chilly side.

We are still sleeping under our winter fur throws and fleeces and I have been obliged to close the windows at night due to the perishing cold wind which does not seem to have stopped blowing since last October. I doubt very much it turning the page of our calender will do much to alleviate the situation.

When ever the sun has shone,even weakly during the past month we have watched a parade of ladies in thin floaty frocks and men in dreadful Bermuda shorts pass the house,their arms and legs various shades of blue and covered with unflattering goose bumps. We are, let's face it all desperate for Summer.

Some weeks ago I received a catalogue containing, “The latest Autumn fashions” Give me a break I haven’t put last years Autumn fashions away yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment