Monday 24 June 2013

HOME SICK.






That I can feel home sick after all these years never cease to amaze me. I have a life here,friends,some family but,when ever I think or speak of home I am thinking of the place where I grew up,my mother,still going strong, my father long gone and much missed ,my two lovely brothers and a host of old friends from childhood days.

I spoke on the telephone today, to my mother,and the old longing for home began to bite once again.
I long to see her but am faced with the impossibility of travel by train or by coach for myself or Pa,neither of us could manage the journey and I cannot leave Pa alone .

I worry about mum, she is getting older and more frail,I should be there to look after her, but oh most of all I want so much just to hug her ,for a few moments that my heart aches .I try not to be self indulgent but it is a feeling which I find more difficult to master as time goes by.

What cannot be cured must be endured,I was taught at school and of course it is only too true,yet I find the endurance of this longing too great to be borne at times like this.

I shall write no more today as I have no wish to inflict my current mood upon you poor readers.

When I began this long series of blogs I said that I should be truthful about each day...today this is the truth,. Sorry guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment