Wednesday 19 June 2013

MOTH IS MISSING





This was the day when Pa had an unconscionably early appointment at Guys Hospital and as he had to be ready for the taxi to the station at nine we were all up and about far too early for comfort.

In fact I had barely slept at all .so worried was I that Pa would fail to hear his three alarms(a not unusual occurrence) and for some reason the cat Moth decided to mooch about all night knocking things off shelves and generally making a complete pest of herself.

Unknown to me ,my son was having the same problem as Moth kept on trying to climb through his bedroom window which is right next to the head of his bed.

By the time we were all up and about Moth was nowhere to be seen, Pa was very slow in getting up and getting ready as he to was tired,the poor soul had to forgo breakfast as the taxi arrived a little early.
It was while we were waving Pa off that the real trouble began,Moth strolled in through the front gate and vanished in to the shrubbery at once. Since the front door had only just been opened and npo down stairs window had been left ajar during the night we came the inescapable and rather worrying conclusion that the only way Moth could have got out was through an upstairs window and Only the Gods Know how she managed it without killing herself as it is a very long drop to the ground.

She did not reappear all day and though I called and called and was ,indeed working in the garden for most of the afternoon not a whisker did I see. Twiggy too was by now missing and by late afternoon I began to be concerned.

Pa returned for Guy's in a terrible state having fallen several times during his trip,he usually goes to St Tom's but some twerp decided to send his to clinic at another hospital in the group by way of a change. The fact that Pa can barely walk and the fact that their clinic is so early did not enter the brain of the mindless moron who changed his booking,it really is ridiculous.

My son had a friend from Work round during the afternoon and thank the Gods for that mercy,had he not had this welcome distraction he would have been driving both of us nuts ,worrying about his cat.
Now as I write neither cat has returned and I am now very concerned,I have called,rattled the treats tin and even driven round the block on my scooter........not a whisker.


Tired though we all are I have a feeling that this is going to be another long sleepless night,BUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment