Tuesday 4 June 2013

SPECIAL GUESTS AT AVIES


I've had a lovely day. Two friends of my son joined us for breakfast,now I know why he stayed so long with an employer he disliked, they were really great people and it was a pleasure to entertain them. We ate a great may pikelets with maple syrup between us and whlie they chatted away I kept the plates full.

We were lucky to have Pa with us at breakfast, we had thought that he would not be back from a hospital appointment in time but for once they were running on time so we had a full house. My griddle makes light work of this type of breakfast as on it I can cook two pikelets of eight drop scones, or four muffins it is so much better than attempting to cook these thongs in a frying pan.

After breakfast my son took his friends on a tour of the village and visited a couple of local inns,it was a lovely warm day and I am sure that any one who has ever worked night shifts will agree that daylight is something they miss, especially in the winter months.

Tomorrow my son has an early meeting with the Local Authority to discuss the new play ground equipment to be installed at our local park,my son is chairman of the parks friends association. The meeting has been called at nine in the morning ,in the hope,I suspect that few people will be able to atttend,they do this often and very tiresome it can be.

I have not particular plans for tomorrow and shall see what turns up, some tim,e in the garden wpoulkd be nice but we shall see. At the moment my son is being very protective and is watching me like a hawk to make sure thatg \i do not overdo things. He is very kind to his old mum.


Now with the bright sun gilding the trees and a gentle warm breeze stirring their branches,I am enjoying a quiet hour sitting in my bedroom window gazing across the orchard ,the air is scented with hawthorn blossom and is very sweet to smell, Twiggy is in her tree house and all's right with Avies small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment