Saturday 29 June 2013

THE MARBLES ARE ROLLING DOWN THE HILL





Today has been,strange,disquieting and downright annoying,today my memory turned in to a sieve and lots of important stuff fell out!

To begin with I miss read the clock and got up too early,then I forgot that it was Saturday and spent ages wondering what had happened to “ Judge Judy” which I watch on weekday mornings before I begin my day.

Breakfast was reasonably uneventful until I forgot what was needed from the shops,eventually we figured it our and made a list,by the time I reached the shops I realised that I had left the list behind,together with my mobile phone and I could not remember the three...yes only three items thereon.

I wandered around the shop like a lost soul,bought a few items and went home,it was only when I had unpacked the shopping that I remembered that coffee had be the important thing on the list.
Important, that is a gross understatement, it is a vital part of my life support system,I am an addict, do I care,not at all!

I hooked up the hose to water the runner beans and neglected to turn on the tap. I made four trays of shortbread then realised as I put them in the oven that I had used the wrong sugar(caster instead of icing) and the wrong quantity of flour. They came out perfectly even so...my thanks to the God responsible.

By dinner time I was practically gibbering! We decided on take away fish and chips,it did not seem safe to cook, to me that was a colossal relief.

Now as I write I have the distinct feeling that there is something I have forgotten to do, I expect I shall remember as I am about to fall asleep.

I heard a saying recently “I haven,t yet lost all my marbles but there is definitely a hole in the bag” Today I actually watched mine rolling down the hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment