Friday 21 June 2013

RAGGED,TAGGED,BAGGED AND TIRED TO DEATH !





It all happened today folks, mountains of work,casual callers two shopping trips....don't ask, not to mention cat fights,and midge bites!

To make matters worse we all overslept and not one of us woke before 10.30, disgraceful, I felt as if I had been asleep for weeks and could not keep my eyes open. Of course the result of this was that we spent the entire day playing catch up and failing dismally, and there was so much to do.

Pa's room, a bomb site at the best of times was the worse for
Pa having spent a day and a half in bed,it looked exactly as if someone had thrown in a hand grenade and then quickly shut the door...ghastly!

I took us ages, and much dark muttering to sort it all out, beneath a pile of (stuff) which I had been told not to touch, I discovered a number of Pa's gifts from last Christmas, a nice surprise for Pa to be sure but it made me very cross.

Just as we thought we were winning another caller,one of the kind that you cannot turn away because you like them too much arrived....and stayed......for ages..............!

When he finally left it was all hands to the pumps,every man for himself and cats and kittens first, my son and I failed around the house doing several tasks at once and getting in a muddle but at last all was done.

I cooked and dished up tabbouleh,kebabs and wraps with salad and stuffed roast peppers and this was followed by lots of fresh fruit., by the time we began to wash up I was desperately tired.

Now with the work finished the house looks lovely and it was worth all the trouble,all the same this week has been fraught to say the least and I for one shall be jolly glad to see the back of it!


Here's wishing you all a great weekend.....now I'm off to get a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment