Monday 7 May 2012

OFF TO A STANDING START




Shortly before eight this morning my blissfully slumbers were disturbed by my my son who having got up early to wash his hair had discovered that there was no hot water. No hit water meant no gas....and on a Bank Holiday too, how tiresome and how typical. According to the automated voice at the other end of the line only emergencies were being dealt with on account of it being a Bank Holiday.

Now in my opinion no heat and no hat water are an emergency,especially in cold weather and when there are disabled persons in the house. I rang the number spoke to an engineer and behold, were were all at once a priority and someone would be out within four hours. Good as their word the engineer arrived and soon solved our problem.

British Gas gave us excellent service although their phone number is difficult to find, but they are only as good as the information they are given. Disabled people or the elderly or those with young children are priority cases and 365 days of the year round the clock service is given to such cases. From the moment they heard about our situation they could not have been more helpful....Many thanks British Gas.

Promptly at twelve thirty my son and I arrived at our local for the monthly meeting of ISCAG. After the weekends fund raising event there was much to discuss,.My son who is now the Events Manager had lots of great ideas for our future efforts, he has considerable expertise in these matters and ha in the past organised events at which major political figures were present and his success rate is 100% .

Future fĂȘtes will now almost certainly be held indoors and in such a way that guests such as MPs and the odd celebrity can be invited as well as the press and quite possibly other media interests. Watch this blog for more information .

Having returned from work just a few hours before the meeting my son was exhausted by the time we had wound up the meeting so back at home I gave him a medicinal coffee and packed him off for a rest while I prepared a very early evening meal.

Tonight’s menu was twice baked cheese soufflĂ©s with char grilled haloomi, crisp fried panchetta with apricot sauce salad and of course fresh bread baked this morning. Lemon drizzle cake followed and very soon after wards my son was bathed and ready for bed.

Now all I have to do is get Pa ready for bed and then I too can take a hot bath and collapse in a heap in my own snug bed.....................bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment