Friday 4 May 2012

A LOVELY BIRTHDAY





Last week was so busy that I forgot about my birthday except for the day my chair arrived,my gift from the Pa and my son.
My darling son gave me coffee and toast in bed which he does every morning when he comes home from work.

Cards arrived from my mother and brothers and a bag full of goodies from my sons friends at work,a real sponge,a huge bar of the most gorgeous rose and camomile soap and a box of Baroque chocolates which are unbelievably good together with a perfect card which I loved and which they had all signed.

Such great kindness is a wonderful thing ,even more remarkable is the fact that for the most part we have never met, a fact which I hope to remedy. Surrounded by their lovely gifts I felt like a queen as I munched my toast.

Pa arrived with a card and two parcels which contained a beautiful silk scarf and a silk kaftan. The post also brought a huge card from my son with one of his own photographs of Avebury Stone Circle, our special place. I shall frame the card and keep it always.

Birthday or no there was bread to be made breakfast to be cooked and two large trays of shortbread fr some very special people...they know who they are! Baking s a joy to me and to have such lovely folks to bake for is a bonus to be sure.

Dinner was a home made Paella followed by iced cream, we seem to have eaten lots of continental food this week, lasagne, pizza and tonight paella, there is to be another pasta meal this week too.
My little cat spent the day sitting proudly upon my new chair, if she ever gets off I might try it myself.
Now that the day is over I have a long hot bath to look forward to and then I shall curl up with the cat, a good film ,my posh chocolates,and I shall count my blessings which are far greater than I deserve.

Thank you everyone for giving me such a memorable and happy birthday, blessin lite upon you all.x

No comments:

Post a Comment