Tuesday 15 May 2012

TUESDAY BLUESDAY





After yesterdays shenanigans and another night with little sleep I am beginning to feel weird,
I read once that preventing a person from sleep is am effective sort of torture and I can confirm that it could well be true;for a decent nights sleep I would tell all my dark secrets to any one who asked! Throughout my life I have been a poor sleeper surviving on just a couple hours a night, during the past few weeks I have been lucky to get any sleep at all and the little I get,I need.

It was a rusty trio that met for breakfast,hoping to boost our energy levels I made a batch of pikelets sprinkled with raisins and served with maple syrup, they were very nice but the ploy failed. Distracted by the appalling pain in my shoulder I became desperate and finally took the heavy duty pain killers prescribed for the affliction,it seems to me a strange thing tat if I take these at night I still do not sleep much yet if a take them during the day the effect is so debilitating that after fighting off sleep for a couple of hours I was obliged to declare defeat and went back to bed.

Strange dreams filled with frustration and stress plagued my exhausted slumbers and I woke at four in the afternoon glad to escape from the apparent mayhem I had ,managed to create while asleep. Trying to get out of bed felt like trying to climb out of a well and the weakness in my arms and legs alarmed me very much but with the help of a couple of coffees I managed to get to the kitchen to prepare a family dinner.

Thankfully I had decided to cook a variety of special sausages served with jacket potatoes with fillings such as cheese baked beans or fried onions,salad and hot tomato sauce. Quick to make easy to eat and making few dirty dishes we ate less than usual tired as we all were and as soon as the kitchen was cleared I returned to the peace and quiet of my room to write this epistle.

There was one funny occurrence which brightened all our days and it happened this morning. I have for many months been attempting to stop the garbage collectors from throwing the re-cycle bags and boxes over the fence and on to the front garden once they have been emptied.....so far to no avail. Believing them to be incorrigible we were much amused this morning when as usual the wet recycle bags and food bin came sailing over the gate. Missing his mark slightly and assisted by a great gust of wind the messy food bin caught on the railings and fell back on to the man’s shoulder showering him with vintage potato peelings and other noisome items.

It seems that what goes round really does come round after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment