Tuesday 22 May 2012

A DATE WITH WORDSWORTH




Bright and early, and Lord only knows how we managed it, Pa went off in his taxi complete with case and food parcels, and in spite of the fact that both my son and I certainly need a break I was very close to tears. While I can nit deny that he is difficult at ties he is so vulnerable, so frail, and these days one needs to be fit to survive a stay in hospital.

Breakfast was lovely and so relaxed although both my son and I coughed continuously...yes I now have the plague,damn and blast it! Straight after breakfast my helper arrived and spent the next four hours clearing the tat out of the under stairs cupboard,his orders were don't ask questions just dump the lot, except for my sewing machine which has been missing for months.

Bag after bag was carried out on to the oath and I served cold beer, and coffee and cookies
at regular intervals,still on anti-biotic my son was unable to have a beer with us and I packed him off to his room away from the dust. Although we resurrected a few moths there were no mice nor any insect larger than a wood louse which was a great relief all round. On the other hand we found only two small spiders, the others must have starved to death.

Four O clock arrived the time appointed for Mr Wordsworth, the rubbish man to arrive, the pat5h was jam packed with black bags full of God knows what and all down the path around the side of the house old bookcases,dead chests of drawers and endless mountains of cardboard awaited his attentions,. Four O clock arrived...Wordsworth did not, I was to say the least a little stressed by this and at four thirty I ventured to call him to find out the reason for the delay. I called but “answer came there none”panic began to set in,now what?

Desperate for a bath and some sustenance , I sat in the garden for a while contemplating the blossom drop on the old apple tree,no comfort there. Just as I was considering the awful prospect of having to make other arraignments in a hurry Mr Wordsworth arrived with his son and together they made short work of loading the lot on to their lorry,I should have known that they would not le us down.

Whenever we use his services he does a first rate job for a reasonable price,he came highly recommended and has lived up to his excellent reputation. Liberated from the masses of trash I each took a well earned bath and then with my son ate a well earned dinner., during which we made an executive decision , after I had paid Mr Wordsworth for his services their was enough money left to buy us a breakfast tomorrow at a very good local café.........Pa will never know...unless we tell him!

No comments:

Post a Comment