Friday 18 May 2012

THINGS THAT GO BUMP




Strange things have been happening since our neighbours moved our last weekend, every night, quite late noises have been heard emanating from the upstairs of the house.
Fortunately none of us are of a nervous disposition as far as spooky goings on are concerned,we have all seen far too many ghosts to worry about them ,particularly when they are haunting next door.

My concern was the possibility that a bat , perhaps disturbed as the loft was being emptied had been shut in and I determined that this morning I should make enquiries about the matter.
Mercifully both my son and I managed to get some sleep last night in spite of the strange and I must say very in bat like yodelling sound coming form next doors bath room!

I woke early and decided to check my emails and the answer to the riddle was there in black and white. I had written to the estate manager on Monday asking if we might have the use of next doors bathroom while ours out of action, two weeks without a bath was not although to be relished. Today he replied that their would be no problem if the work on our bathroom was to begin soon, he also mentioned that due to the fact that there was no hot water in our neighbours new abode they have been returning to their old home each night to take a bath.

What kind of numpty moves in to a house with no means to heat water, no heating and apparently other problems with doors that cannot be locked and windows that will not close. When he mentioned the proposed move and the fact that a great deal of work was being done in the house I warned our neighbour that he should on no account move in until all the work was completed. Almost a week after moving to the new house they are sitting in their overcoats and are having to stump up the lane to their old home every night to bathe.

Twenty years ago when we first came to live on the estate we moved in before the fitted kitchen was completed and several large holes in the floor, left after dividing walls had been knocked down had yet to be filled in. Ten years later when we moved out the kitchen was sill incomplete and the floor full of holes. I hope he has better luck than we did but I doubt it.

Quite when the builders will start I do not know but when ever they do at least now we shall not have to go about ponging for two weeks ,P.T.L!

Today ,wonder of wonders I picked up a large black spider in my bare hand and popped him outside without any trouble. Pa saw the whole thing and was amazed as I have been terrified of spiders since I was five years old. Snakes worms,beetles, snails,nothing else bothers me at all and I had begun to feel very silly to be still screaming at spiders at my age.
Last Autumn, after a prolonged siege with those huge black spiders which always appear at the end of summer I decided that enough was enough and I decided on a cure.

I purchased a beautifully jewelled silver coloured spider on a gossamer fine necklace and I wore it day in and day out for five months. Nightly it remained at my bed side by my glass of water so that I often touched it by accident when reaching for a drink. Phase two was wearing the necklace three times a week and every day I picked it up and held it for a few moments.

Although I have yet to encounter one of those huge beasts that haunt my room in the autumn I can now pick up quite large spiders of all colours without fear, I now associate spiders with beauty instead of fear, and I am proof that the cure really does work.......so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment