Wednesday 23 May 2012

HERE COMES SUMMER




And about time too. I should like to tell you that I have spent a happy day in my garden but not so. Poor old Pa will it seems be spending the entire week at Charring Cross hospital and so far the food has been exactly as I described it to you a couple of days ago.

Morning was pleasant enough and my old neighbour came for breakfast which was fun and he and my son had a rather croaky conversation as my poor boy has once again lost his voice. It appears the his GP was correct in his diagnosis that another course of anti-biotic would be required the dislodge the wretched germs or rather the complications that they virus has caused.

I fizzed about preparing food for the invalid, a beef and horseradish sandwich, chocolate brownies, fruit and some cheese and crackers which will I hope get him through he day.
Pa is very thin and cannot afford to be without decent meals even for a day or two and the amount of medication he takes requires a full stomach or the side effects are very unpleasant for him.

I have considered reporting the NHS to the European Court of Human Rights, if such diabolical provender was served to prison inmates the do gooders would be up in arms and yet the sick are allowed to be half starved while in hospital, it is a ridiculous situation.

Pa tucked in to his sandwich and cheese , tomorrow I hope to take him a flask of hot soup and some home made bread rolls for a change. The journey is a dreadful one and taxis are so expensive but Pa comes first and what ever it takes I shall do.

We have still not yet heard when the builders will arrive, I expect now that it will be some time after the Jubilee bank Holiday as it would make no sense to begin a job and then bugger off for four days leaving two disabled people in the middle of a rubble mountain!

Twiggy is enjoying the fine weather and this thankfully is taking her mind of Pa's absence, she paid me a visit during the not for reassurance and at five in the morning she returned asking to be let out, how she loves the summer time. Today for the first time a wore one of the new silk kaftan I was given for my birthday,they are so light and cool, I wore the green one with a green silk scarf, I looked rather like Madam Arcarti from the play “Blythe Spirit”, eccentric is the word I believe!

Dinner tonight was a home cooked Chinese, fried noodles bean shoots and vegetables spicy prawns and a sweet and sour sauce, my son will only eat Chinese if this sauce is served.. Actually it was perfect for such a hot day. Tomorrow if the weather holds I may have a barbecue when I return from hospital visiting as I have a meat order arriving in the morning with some rather wonderful sausages and chops, we shall see.

Something must be done to cheer up my son , he has been so unwell and at the moment he is very depressed, he talks of returning to work next week but I am beginning to doubt if his doctor will permit this and since he is itching to return the possibility that he will be unable to do so is adding to his gloomy mood. I confess myself worried at this point as my son is Never gloomy but always upbeat and cheerful in the face if adversity.

I believe there is something occurring at his place of work with which I am not au fiat ,he is worried about his team I know, I should like to have his upper management in front of me for half an hour, Having been a manager myself I should like to ask them what the bloody hell they think they are playing at. It would not be the first time I have given such types a piece of my mind. Blast their eyes for plaguing my son, and a pox lite upon the lot of them!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment