Thursday 3 May 2012

MANS INHUMANITY TO ANIMALS


Having spent much of today attempting physically to prevent the councils contractors from strimming away the nests of moor hens ,coots and mallards ,and a further portion of the day writing letters of protest to various bodies has left me little time to write my blog.

Long ago I ceased to be staggered by the ignorance of those carrying out the work but when one of the men I spoke to today asked me why it mattered that birds were being killed I could have cheerfully strimmed the morons head from his thick neck.

So the fight goes on but there is good news, with luck we shall shortly not only have a permanent venue for our fĂȘte in a local hall but we shall be involved with a nearby school providing them with free bat walks, bird boxes and the use of our moth trap together with the expertise of our very own bug expert..

Taking the battle forward into the next generation so that they will be aware of their surroundings and able to “Take up the sword and hold it high” after we are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment