Thursday 10 May 2012

TIME OUT







My health not good at the best of times is once again causing concern and as I result I have today been obliged to resign,temporarily I hope from the conservation group, I am to avoid stress at all hazard and take up relaxation exercises at once. Naturally I am not at all happy about this and in any case with a house full of builders due to begin work on the house at any moment I feel that relaxing will be, under the circumstances almost impossible.
Never the less I must try as my blood pressure is once again causing concern so I must at least try to toe the line this time.

Pottering about the garden if the weather improves is allowed and even some light gardening but nothing heavy. Hopefully if I behave I shall be back battling the forces of darkness and saving out local wild life from the clutches of our local council.

While I am disappointed that I shall not be actively involved for some time I am also half relieved, Pa is going in to hospital in Hammersmith soon which will involve me in a considerable amount of travelling ,and my past experiences of that centre of medical negligence make me very uneasy about Pa's sojourn there. I have in the past had experience of Patients not being fed, not being washed, soiled bed linen left in a patients room for several days, a patient left without bed covers for hours beneath a wide open window, dirty utensils being used by nursing staff(one actually blew a dead fly out of a jug before using it to flush out a tummy peg). Every one of these incidents happened to a friend of ours and as I was almost his only visitor I had the task of complaining to PALS about this shocking state of affairs.

Calm,I must remain calm,the very act of attempting this happy state makes me fell very stressed indeed.

My son awoke this morning afflicted with a very sore throat which as worsened during the course of the day,I ave him thin porridge for his breakfast and cannot help feeling that I could have picked a better day to make Mexican food for dinner. Most of the sauces were started yesterday along with the marinated chicken and so I shall have to go ahead with it and make some soup for my poor boy.

Rain has once again stopped any attempt to enjoy the garden but oh how wonderfully green everything is,and now the meadow flowers are beginning to open splashes of red and pink rival the splashes of rain which blurs all the greenery giving the light a sub-aqueous look.

Tonight I feel overwhelmingly tired and my aim is to get off my feet as soon as I can,to that end I shall go now and chivvy Pa in to the bath,make him a hot chocolate and then once he is safe in bed I shall be free to relax. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment