Friday 12 October 2012

ARTHRHITIS SUCKS!





By dinner time this evening the pain in my hands was so bad that I actually cried while washing up. Today has been a tough one as this morning there was the bread to make and lots of cleaning to do,now just typing is a challenge.


During the course of the day I have managed to break several items of crockery and a bottle of garlic powder,clouds of which drifted about the kitchen and now the house is redolent of a French market!

I am profoundly thankful that my son,who has spent the week in Derbyshire, will be home tomorrow,a week with no help at all has taken its toll with a vengeance. It has also made me realise that something must be done as I have no intention of becoming dependant upon him,his life must be his own to life. I will not allow him to waste his precious life looking after us. Who better than I knows what that does to a person?

It may well be time to ask about a home help,although I hate the whole idea of it beggars can't be choosers after all. It is surprising how difficult many simple tasks become when ones hands do not function correctly,and hurt like hell besides.

Enough of this self pitying bosh! I have been asked if I could do a series of blogs in the run up to Christmas
including recipes and money saving tips, a sort of realistic “Kirsty's Home Made Christmas”. I have agreed to do this to the best of my humble abilities and I make this promise,I shall not spend half an hour telling you how to make Christmas tree decorations on the cheap and then rock off to an exclusive glass blower for an afternoons play before ordering two dozen at forty pounds a pop! If you saw the series you will know what I mean.

I have also been asked why my blog pictures do not always relate to the blog? The answer is simple, time and energy and the fact that I am a contrary baggage at the best of times, and besides it is all a part of my small world .you see?

Twiggy is asking for a cuddle,she too is missing my son,poor old puss,I had better oblige,after which a very hot shower and a nice warm bed is my aim, and a large cup of steaming hot coffee with a whisky chaser........and after that,with luck,a few hours of oblivion.



No comments:

Post a Comment