Tuesday 2 October 2012

THE DENTIST BECKONS





Oh dear, a faint niggling in one of my remaining teeth has prompted me to seek a dental appointment. I hate dentists! In my case it is not an irrational fear but the absolute certainty that whatever they find will involve a great deal of pain ,anguish and much time spent sitting about in a waiting room.


It is my great misfortune to have teeth with roots that would make a wolf howl with envy,it was also my misfortune to have had four more adult teeth than is the custom,not counting wisdom teeth!

Whenever I visit a dentist they are invariably reassuring as they poke about in my mouth, it is only after the dentist has seen the x-ray that I end by having to reassure them. I an almost always referred to hospital which involves at least two visits before the job is done.

Thursday at two in the afternoon is the appointed time and oh,how I wish that what ever is wrong, could be put right there and then,unfortunately experience tells me that this will not be the case.

At least,for the moment a slight discomfort is all I have but as we all know this can ,in a matter of seconds become a rending ,tearing ,unbearable pain. As I said at the beginning, oh dear!!!

I shall eschew all sweet things for the next few days,avoid crunchy items and cold drinks and hope for the best,teeth are,in my opinion, a blessed nuisance!

Changing the subject,I read today in our local newspaper how our daring local authority are planning to ignore the governments new housing legislation on the grounds that it will encourage people to build willy-nilly on every garden and green space in the borough. I have news for this well meaning chap...it is happening already.

I wrote a polite e mail to the councillor who wrote the article informing him of the deficiencies of the planning department and asked him to take a look at our on going problems.

I will wager that he will find it no more expedient to oppose the Brothers Barclay,or the
Duke of Northumberland than the toadies in the planning department.....a fiver says I’m;, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment