Friday 26 October 2012

CAT WARS !





In spite of the unpromising title a little progress has been made and the two combatants shared a room foe about half an hour this afternoon. Twiggy cursed like a sailor and howled like a banshee and although The much smaller Moth was obviously petrified she stood her ground . Eventually Twiggy stalked off upstairs in high dudgeon and Moth,having finished her dinner went out in to the front garden. I must say that twiggy in a temper is a fearful object,stiff legged,arched back and a tail like a Christmas tree. Her expression is evil,and the noise,very much in keeping with the time of year.


I missed all the fun as I was trundling around the supermarket in search of fresh vegetables (a Fools errand) I had to settle for what passes for fresh,waxed apples,carrots and parsnips so well scrubbed that they looked as if they had been grown hydroponically; and a bag of allegedly young salad leaves......hummmm!

This week has flown by and I find that there are,(as the Bible says) many things I have not done that I ought to have done) gone I an afraid are the days when I have done that which I ought not to have done...pity..it was much more fun!

Next week,unless some cataclysm occurs I shall be making my Christmas cakes and shall publish the recipes as a part of my Home Made Christmas ,all the recopies are tried and tested and I hope they will inspire you to have a go. Shop bought Christmas cakes all taste the same ,and think of this,even if the worst befalls and your cake sits down in the middle,a bit of clever trickery with the icing can turn such a cake in to a triumph.

I always make my cakes at the end of October although as long as they are made before the middle of November all should be well, a few weeks are needed to feed the cake with the alcohol of your choice. This year our family cake will be laced with brandy the other two with ginger rum. I can't wait .

No comments:

Post a Comment