Thursday 4 October 2012

THE DENTIST LAYS SIEGE!





At the appointed time I trundled my way nervously to the village where doom awaited. From the number of forms I was required to fill out you would have thought that I was a total stranger to the practice, about the only questions they did not ask was what I ate for breakfast and the name of my cat!


I did my best having arrived sans spectacles and was ushered ,all too soon in to the room with,THAT CHAIR! I was told to make myself comfortable.............no comment..........then after being given a pair of bright orange spectacles to wear the dentist did a stock take of my teeth.

It sounded very grim as the number of missing molars was documented and the description of the remaining teeth, of which I understood not a word never the less sounded extremely dire.

X-rays came next and then I waited to hear my fate...............deep joy,no yawning cavities........woe and thrice woe ….gum disease was the verdict. So now what? Several more appointments,that,s what and today's little excursion cost £48.00! Apparently the fact that Pa and I are both invalids,with Pa receiving disability allowance and neither of us able to work does not count,it is ,I was told the wrong type of benefit, how tiresome and how typical.

I have no idea how much the treatment will finally cost and I am equally uncertain how I shall pay for it since I am told I shall need to attend weekly for several weeks,Since my total income is the fifty five pounds I receive in carers allowance I an destined to be stony broke for quiet some time.

It is difficult to make ends meet under our present circumstances but we manage and further more we have no credit cards,over draughts or any other debts,but it is easy to see how people do fall in to debt when faced with such anomalies as this.

To make matters worse the news this morning carried an article about N.H.S tourists free loading on our health service,if any one out there knows how they manage it please let me know. .

No comments:

Post a Comment