Friday 19 October 2012

AVIE DOES A BIT OF ADVERTISING.





Thank the Gods for a sensible G.P. One who does not clutter ones social calendar with a motley assortment of Hospital Consultants,Physiotherapists,and other assorted medical types. He knows that I have not the leisure to flit from consulting room to consulting room for endless pointless tests,he is a practical man.


I explained my difficulty,he took a look and prescribed the necessary pain relief so that I can keep going, and a new type of anti inflammatory drug as my old one seems to have ceased effective.

I expect the time will come when I will have to resort to more drastic measures but not yet! For now I should be able to soldier on,high as a kite but hey,what the hell!

My landlord,dear sweet natured soul that he is (note the heavy sarcasm) ha decided to search my whole house for asbestos. He does this thinking that we shall be upset by the disturbance,had I asked him to check the whole house the answer would have been a loud emphatic NO!

Since he believes that I do not wish it no stone will be unturned in the search for asbestos,sine our house has six old fireplaces,one of which was modified to save fuel during the Second World War,another which used to house a kitchen range and now provides and alcove for the electric cooker,and a further flue which belonged to the old copper boiler:it is certain that asbestos will be present.

Indeed it is plainly visible in the living room fire surround. Better safe than sorry.

I have not forgotten about the Home Made Christmas blogs and as a beginning I shall do something I would never do as a rule, I shall give you the address of a brilliant butcher whose meat and poultry are second to none and whose prices are excellent,especially for those of us who are paying the exorbitant amounts charged for very indifferent meat in the supermarkets of southern England.

Yesterday I ordered not only two months supply of meat ,game and poultry,I also ordered our Christmas turkey and a whole ham. All of this will be delivered to my home free of charge by courier. Guinea fowl,chickens rabbit,skirt beef,steak mince, pork,oxtail,and a host of other wonderful meats.

Further more I shall not have to pay for the Christmas meats until they are delivered on the 21st of December,or if I choose by invoice in January.

The name of this paragon is John Pettit Butcher and you can find his excellent web site online,or if you wish you can phone in your order with specific instructions.
I must stress that I am receiving no reward for this endorsement ,I do feel that their service has a better chance of continuing in these troubled times if more people use it.Have a look and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment