Sunday 21 October 2012

SUCCESS






I am delighted to report that the feedback from my panel of expert cookie tasters was very encouraging. I must admit that I wondered while they were in the oven if perhaps I had gone a little too far,thankfully all is well. With a little fine tuning the new cookies will be added to my recipe file. Incidentally the recipe was published in Avies Small World on Wednesday 0ctober 17th 2012.


I have a few new ideas which I hope to try out over the next few weeks and a few old favourites which I have not made for some time,by Christmas I hope to have a wide selection of old and new cookies for the festive biscuit tins.

My hands are considerably improved today and although still painful I can at least move my fingers and can grip quite well.,long my it last!

Next week I shall be very busy,beginning on Monday there is a meeting with some Council Officials concerning forthcoming tree work in a local park,can you believe that they actually ask us for our approval these days.

Tuesday will bring the estate manager and his side kick the Facilities Manager along with “an Expert” to take sample from the various asbestos sites around the house and grounds. This is to be preceded by a visit from the Head Gardener, who is what I call a “Paper Horticulturist”,he know the Latin name of every plant which any fool can learn...even me...what he lacks is the soul of a gardener,nor is his heart at all involved in what he does,to him it is just a job ,and one he does badly to boot.

Talking of gardens,my own is in need of attention and this week my son has offered to give me some help in moving the container plants to shelter and pitting the gardens to bed for the winter,a job which,sadly, I can no longer manage alone. I do not want to take up too much of his time as he is writing this week and that must come first .

There will be little leisure for me next week but I am happy for the tasks ahead are joyful ones, wrapping Christmas gifts for friends far away writing cards, making Christmas cakes and bottling cordials and liqueurs for the holiday.

There will also be some special Halloween baking for friends and trick or treaters, all happy tasks which are fun to do, we may even have some fireworks if the weather holds.

Right now though it is time for a hot shower,a hot drink and hot water bottle,in that order.....night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment