Sunday 14 October 2012

AT EASE





No,mail,no callers,no weekend game, no housework just the loveliest,laziest day we have had in ever so long. We lazed about drinking coffee until eleven and then we had a leisurely breakfast of bacon sandwiches,washed down with lots of strong tea and orange juice.


There was not a great deal of washing up and my son and I cleared the kitchen in record time,after which he went to sort through the new books acquired while on his trip,Pa went out to feed the birds and I went on a private errand. Sorry to disappoint ,it was nothing mysterious,I had seen the ideal frame for a portrait of out little cat which I gave to Pa last Christmas; unfortunately I had not enough money in my purse to purchase the item. Today with more than enough I went back to the shop hoping that they still had the frame in question.......they had,

I purchased the lovely polished beech frame without checking the price and behold it was now being offered at half price, providence again ! Pa was delighted with the frame and so was I for I had enough money left over buy a new collar for Twiggy.

Even dinner was easy today as I prepared a pot roast of beef,which, after being browned in hot fat and submerged in water with the addition of a couple of onions ,requires absolutely no attention until the time comes to eat it. Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and mushy peas completed the meal which we all enjoyed very much,including the cat. There is enough meat left for sandwiches for lunch tomorrow or perhaps a pie.

We got together during the afternoon to decide out meat order for the next couple of months including the Christmas meats. Our last order was a small one as the Game was not all in stock so this time there will be pheasants,venison, partridge and pigeon as well as steak mince,pork and so on.

Of course the Turkey and the Ham will not arrive until a couple of days before Christmas but it is nice to know that the festive meats are ordered,it is one less thing for me to worry about.
I expect I have said this before by ordering our meat from a butcher on the north of England not only guarantees us meat of the best quality but is does so at a price much less than we would pay in London for
supermarket meat,which is usually dreadful rubbish.

Now,with the day almost over, Pa is taking a shower,my son is writing,and as for me, I have Twiggy for company and as soon as I have finished writing she and I will snuggle up together.

It has been a perfect day in my small world and I am so thankful for it. Night might.

No comments:

Post a Comment