Thursday 7 March 2013

A GRINDING HALT






To say that we had a lazy day would be a complete understatement today we did nothing except get up late,and eat a late breakfast of potato cakes after which Pa went back to bed.
My son and I spent the afternoon on our respective computers sorting out files after which I cooked a meal of sausages with caramelised onions and soft bread rolls. In had not the energy to do more.
It appears that the more we rest the more tired we become. My son is finding things particularly difficult after working a night shift for so many years.

In spite of this we are enjoying having more time together,for my however learning to relax again is going to take a while.
P a seems fine at least,he could sleep through the last trump so nothing new there.
Moth has not yet given birth and continues to mooch about in dark corners.
I must try to pull myself together tomorrow and if it is fine I mean to do some more gardening.

Snow is forecast however so I expect I shall end up dong the ironing. I have promised the boys a steamed treacle pudding tomorrow to follow a main course of home made vegetable soup and cheese and tomato soda farl. I might make a batch of cookies in case of weekend callers.

I miss having my sons work mates to bake for.

No comments:

Post a Comment