Thursday 28 March 2013

"D'YOU EVER GET ONE OF THOSE DAYS"





Frustrating,aggravating,pestiferous, annoying,time wasting....it's no use,I just cannot think of a word to sum up today.......well nothing printable!
There are times when truly believe that Pa lives on a different planet than the rest of us,even allowing for his usual vagueness,which pre-dates his current problems his ability to misunderstand the simplest of instructions is staggering.
It used to be a joke in the family that he was the “Absent minded professor” he being a learned sort, however ,the practicalities of day to day life have always been ,and still remain a mystery to him.

This morning I mentioned several times that I needed to go to Tesco today,with only one scooter reliable at the moment we must take turns to go out. Pa needed to have a blood test and so I got on with a few chores while he went off to hospital.......100yds down the lane.

Imaging my surprise,not to say annoyance when at a quarter to four he was still out. I called to register my concern and that is when I discovered that he had been to the hospital and having found the cash machine out of order had toddled off all the way to telescope to use their machine,a round trip of about three miles.

I pointed out,with all the patience I could muster that I was waiting for him to come home so that I could GO TO TESCO
I would have been able to draw out the cash we needed for the weekend myself, as I pointed out to Pa three quarters of an hour later when he finally rocked up at the front door.

Off I went to do the shopping,toiletries and cleaning products,these and the occasional household item are all we by from then these days. It was rather late when I arrived home,tired ,cold and hungry as dinner was also late. I cooked our meal and as we all chatted away I began to calm down.

It was while my son and I were doing the washing up the Pa dropped his bombshell.
Having found the cash machine out of order he had trekked off to the supermarket to pick up some cash and had not been for his blood test!

Now for Pa this regular blood test is vital due to his illness and the medication he takes,tomorrow is Good Friday so e cannot have it done now until Tuesday next at the earliest! This means that he cannot pick up his medication from the pharmacy on Saturday, a serious problem for him....and for me.
I decided long ago for the sake of my sanity to let Pa carry on in his muddling way and be forbearing,and besides there is now nothing to be done until the Bank Holiday is over,but this I must say.

Our world,our governments, our banks and in fact just about every aspect of our lives is run by these academic types.....no wonder the world is in such a bloody mess!


No comments:

Post a Comment