Friday 15 March 2013

PENDING







Yesterday morning found me bleary eyed and aching from head to toe., my temperature revealed the reason fro my lethargy and also with my head splitting(infected sinus,)a hacking cough (chest infection) and the consequences of an adverse reaction to a new medication I decided to cut my losses and have a duvet day.
I have been attempting to see my G.P for some time but appointments are as rare as unicorn poo !After a wait of almost three weeks I was to have seen a Doctor on Wednesday last., at the last moment that appointment was cancelled.
Two of the G. Ps were on Holiday I was told ,and the Locum had failed to turn up . My appointment she went on to tell me had been considered non urgent and a new appointment had been made for April 3rd.
I mentioned with some asperity that I had already waited for several weeks,that I had been obliged to discontinue a vital medicine due to violent side effects and that if a temperature of 102 was not urgent what,precisely would it take to attract the attention of these Medical Demi Gods. She repeated the date and time and hung up!

Feeling that I have in all conscience been more than patient under the circumstances I am in the process of writing a complaint about what has happened. I have a number of medical problems all of which are debilitating and one of which,if not correctly medicated could prove fatal. I have now been without proper medication for this condition for five weeks and the complications caused by the incorrect medication have been alarming.

Amongst other difficulties I have been unable to wear shoes for a fortnight as my feet have swelled up like balloons! Walking,already difficult at times has become both hazardous and even more painful than usual. Bouts of dizziness are also making it more than usually difficult to move about.

Today I am still feeling grotty but I was able to do a little cooking for the boys and I feel all the better for it.
I am grateful for the fact that my son is at home just now,if he were not things would be impossible.

There is still now news from Mum and the cat is still bulging at the seams ,everything seam,s to be pending.
Please excuse the rant I shall better tomorrow,I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment