Monday 18 March 2013

THE WEATHER GODS ARE ANGRY






Thunder and lightening,whatever next?The trip to the shops we had planned was cancelled,Pa slept for most of the afternoon ,waking only to drink a cup of tea or coffee. My son made a start on his next writing project and I set about trying to work out how to send attachment by computer, and what a pesky old business it is.

A have an on line acquaintance to whom I wished to send some pictures of my garden, and I picture of the mystery spider which is still lurking in the downstairs loo to a friend who has a degree in Bugology. I hope it is rare enough to make him come and get the blessed thing....even the cats hiss at it whenever it appears.

By the afternoon the rain have become torrential and both cats sat in their respective corners of the room (they are still not speaking) looking extremely glum.

In spite of this we all felt happy in the fact that we are together and that for once my son would not be leaving the house at nine in the middle of a cloud burst to go to work. I am becoming concerned about the garden though,I really do need to move the roses and redcurrant bush, the wine berry and the loganberry before too long, the walled garden needs attention and the front garden,where most of the herbs grow will have to be completely remodelled if am to grow any veg this year.

Dinner,later than usual due to my son's writing schedule was a very forgiving pork casserole which included squash ans sweet potato as well as the usual winter vegetables. Roast potatoes finished the meal. I would have preferred mash to go with all the lovely gravy but The roasties were requested and I was happy to oblige.

Evenings are lovely now,no scrabbling about to get out in time for work. No more worry about my son getting mugged again. No more hurried meal,we are off the treadmill at last! My thankfulness for this is boundless,and weather my son's books are a success or not,and I have every confidence they will be,he is at least free form the pitiful tyranny of ….....perhaps I had better see what the Levinson report says?  

No comments:

Post a Comment