Sunday 24 March 2013

COLD FEET






Early this morning,in fact fat too early for comfort my son set off to visit a friend at Portsmouth, the idea being to spend the day and I expect half the night with a gaming group to which the friend belongs.
I am glad to see him getting out and about more, he is still acclimatising to the radical changes brought about by working during the day instead of at night and I feel that a break can do nothing but good.

Research for his new book has been going well and the first draft is satisfactory. He has been fortunate too in finding an artist to design the covers who has a perfect understanding of the fantasy genre and having seen the draught I can say with conviction that it works perfectly .

Once or twice late in the evening I have seen him sitting wistfully in front of his computer,and I know that he is missing the old comrades with whom he worked for so many years. This is understandable and expected, I jolly him out of it by reminding him of all the bull shit, clapped out servers, ancient computers and half assed orders which used to cause him endless annoyance. It works every time.

Pa and I had a quiet day with the cats attempting to keep warm. My poor feet got cold in mid January and have not been properly warm since. Fleece slippers and hot water bottles effect a temporary cure but the moment I get out of bed I can feel the cold nipping at my toes.
Pa has taken to wearing knitted bed socks purple and pink with pompoms on the ties, well they do not make bed socks for men.

One thing which has proved a blessing is the tartan fleece onesie I brought for him at Christmas, he loves it and it keeps him very snug indeed, he looks so cute bless him.

Small dandruff like bits of snow have been falling all day and the bitter wind is still causing problems. Last night it blew the lid off the storage bin in which we keep our bird food , we buy in bulk you see as it is so much cheaper. Thankfully the damage to its contents was not great as much of the food is in tins,or watertight tubs,the lock up however the bin itself is much the worse for wear. Hey ho!

I made a bread and butter pudding for Pa and I this evening, although my son will eat it ,it is not a favourite with him. Pa and I love it and so we pigged out while we had the chance.....................yummy!

An early night is on the cards for me and as soon as Pa is tucked up in bed have a hot date with hot water bottle. Night night everyone, keep warm and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment