Monday 4 March 2013

BAD NEWS



We were gleefully preparing to celebrate my sons first real week as a free man when the news came that my darling mother is unwell.
It seems that during a routine blood test cancer markers were found. I must say she sounds pretty chipper considering all things but I know her well enough to realise that she is keeping a brave face on things for my sake.

All my instincts tell me to get the next train home and yet I know this is impossible as my own health will not permit me to make such a journey. Oh how I long to give her a big hug, the thought of losing her makes me crazy.

Her doctor has told her not to worry and that much can be done,my God I hope he is right.
I spoke to a friend about this and she told me that if I was to hurry up North to see her it might make her think that the worse was going to happen. She advised me to look at things in that light, Of course she is right but it is hard to make myself believe it.

I suddenly feel as I did when at five years old I wandered off and became lost ,the shop was full of tall people and all I could see were legs and shoes. I was overwhelmed by the though that I should never see my mother again,and now perhaps I never shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment