Sunday 10 March 2013

MOTHERS AND SONS







We all overslept this morning,this seems to be par for the course these days and it took three mugs of coffee to get us going. While drinking my third mug I called my own lovely Mum to wish her a happy day. The answer hone took the message and for a while I was really worried, all however was well and a few minutes later she rang me.
It seems that my youngest brother, who still lives at home had greeted her this morning with “Happy Mothers Day.” a card, a gift; and the news that his hot water bottle had exploded and that his bed was soaked!!

I was not the only Mum in the family who did not get a cuppa made for them this morning although actually it does not trouble me, here who ever wakes first makes the first coffee of the day and more often than not it is my son who makes this first and very important beverage.

After a nice long chat I was called to breakfast and Mum went off to her belated pot of tea. My son had set the table with great care,it looked splendid, quite a set out. There was a pot of tea, orange juice,hot buttered crumpets, English muffins with honey and some wonderful buttery croissant piping hot and crisply delicious with lots of strawberry jam.

My gift to my mother of two pairs of trousers was exactly what she wanted,I know this as I took the precaution of asking her in advance what she would like.

My gift from the boys was a wonderful patchwork quilt(I am addicted to these works of art) with two matching pillow shams,exactly what I wanted as I too had been asked what I would like.

The pretty pink and white patchwork looks lovely in my newly painted room and as I too knew what my gift would be I had purchased a set of curtains and some cushion covers along with a pretty patterned fleece for the colder nights to match the new quilt set.
I spent the rest of the day rearranging my room and with my son's help with the curtains by four thirty it was finished.
I looks so light and airy after the rich terra cotta shades which have made the room cosy through the winter months and although it is certain that winter is not yet over I for one am more than ready for a change.

There was fish and chips for dinner followed by my favourite iced cream and for me NO WASHING UP!

Today has been lovely,almost perfect in fact,all that was missing was visiting my mum for tea as we always used to before we moved south.

My son has with Pa's help made this a very special day, so lovely that I don't want it to end. Still tomorrow will be a lovely day too and I intend to make my lovely boys a fine breakfast as a thank you for my wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment