Tuesday 5 March 2013

GETTING ON





None of us slept last night,each of us lay restless,wrapped in their own memories and battling our own fears. I went out in to the orchard in the afternoon , and with my son began the task of preparing the garden for spring. Under the old damson tree the usual carpet of crocus opened wide their petals for the sun and for the bumble bees, out prospecting for likely nest holes and a bit of fresh pollen after the cold dark winter.

A few days before mothers day,when I was a child ,I would borrow a flower pot from Dads greenhouse and go in to the spinney to find the nicest clump of crocus, yellow were my favourite, and plant them in the pot. Next I gathered bun moss from the old dairy and press it on to the top of to pot to cover the earth. I finished the gift with a plaited chain of grass tied around the pot and tucked in to this a small card on which I wrote my love for my mum.

I had not realised that I was crying, it was most unsettling. I am glad that I pulled myself together before my son noticed and have resolved to be on my guard in future.

Friends have been very kind and I have been overwhelmed with their kindness and support.
I must try to remain positive, after all it's early days yet.

Our calico cat ,Moth is showing sings of impending labour,she is restless,off her food and now spends most of her time poking about in corners looking for a place to have her kittens.
We have put a basket under the stillage in the kitchen, a lidded box with a side entrance hole in the downstairs loo and another box in a dim corner of the living room. At the moment the downstairs loo seems to be the favourite......I can't imagine why?

No comments:

Post a Comment