Saturday 13 July 2013

BIG GAME HUNTING ....AFTER DARK





During the daylight hours my son's little cat Moth is for the most part a well behaved good natured little creature,of modest needs and good habits;but once darkness falls she becomes a quite different creature.
She spends most of the day fast asleep in one roost or another and causes no trouble,but oh boy does she make up for it at night. Take last night for an instance, she prowled around the upper story in search of spiders,moths or beetles,then,disgruntled at having found nothing better to play with proceeded to ave a very noisy game on the landing with a pair of squeaky mice and a large stuffer rat! Eventually all three had been thrown to the foot of the stairs and here moth will no longer venture,below stairs is Twiggy country!

Much mournful howling induced me at length to get out of bed and collect the lost treasures ,then having restored them to the cat I returned,bleary eyed to my disturbed sleep. But not for long, all three were soon at the foot of the stairs again this time in the company of a large hairy spider toy,once again I obliged.

At last I slept a little ,I know this because my son told me this morning that I was talking in my sleep (a dangerous habit) while punching my mattress with much seeming aggression! Hmm!
Now it was my sons turn to play the fool for half an hour at the court of Queen Moth!

I awoke to find the cat howling directly into my ear,she was hungry,I produced a pouch of very expensive cat food(madam has acquired expensive tastes of late) which she sniffed with disdain and flounced off without touching the stuff. “Blow and botheration” I said,or words to that effect as I staggered back to my neglected and much yearned for bed.

A little later on a routine visit to the bathroom......well when you get to my age......... I discovered the cat with a large hairy spider the which she had cornered in the shower cubicle. Whooopi! That should keep her quiet for an hour or so..................but no.......the blasted spider basely scuttled off behind the loo,which obliged me to get up in a hurry and by the time I had collected myself their was no sign of the fearsome beast.

The effect of this mishap was twofold for it meant that now I would not dare to use the loo in case the spider was somewhere behind the cistern,secondly the cat in frustrated rage took up howling and meoooooowing her disappointment. This I thought,must cease before the whole village is awakened. I grabbed a plastic pot and an old birthday card....my spider trap...and began a thorough search of the bathroom,the landing and my bed room in the hope of finding the spider,or the spiders mate.

Intrepidly,or was that in trepidation I pulled out furniture, searched among the towels,poked about in dark corners and all I managed to unearth was a daddy-long-legs spider,call a harvestman. I caught it and covered the container with a lid, placed it on the flour and returned to my bed while a gleeful cat prodded the container to make toe creature inside move about. At last I was allowed to sleep.

All too soon it was time to get up and make morning coffee,my son and I take turns, He was every bit as worn out as myself having also been kept awake by the blessed cat.


Fully dressed I was about to head for the kitchen for make breakfast when I observed the blasted cat in question to be fast asleep on my bed.............She looked so cute...........I could not resist...............I waked up to the quietly and shouted BOOOOO, feeling better I went downstairs to begin the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment