Monday 15 July 2013

PASTA SALAD IN A HURRY




I expect that I have in the past made mention of my son's fondness for chicken, his preference eventually cause Pa to stage an open revolt “Before” he said, he sprouted feathers!
I to had eaten chicken far too often and so ,for a time chicken was struck from or culinary role of honour............but not for long.

Apart from a liking for chicken my son had and intense dislike of beef.lamb.pork or any kind of fish,this presented me with a problem and gradually chicken returned to the weekly menus and in order to please Pa it was often necessary to prepare two different meals at dinner time. This was a right royal pain in the parsons nose!

Happily these days my son enjoys beef and lamb occasionally.lovres pork and will even eat fish providing it has been squished in to a fish cake or blunged in to a pasta sauce …..still it is progress.

Today I had promised my son his favourite dish of Chicken Pomadori,a recipe of my own, not daring to present this hated dish to Pa I made for us cold pasta salad which we both love.

Cold cooked penne
4 oz strong cheddar diced  (use fresh mozzarella for a lighter dish)
2 oz walnuts chopped
12 cherry tomatoes halved
2 red sweet apples diced
juice of 1 lemon
4 tablespoons of green pesto,home made is best
2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise or crème fraich

Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well coated with the pesto and crème fraich. Chill for an hour and serve.

This salad can be as varied as the number of ingredients in your kitchen,can be made the night before it is needed and makes a great picnic dish.




No comments:

Post a Comment