Friday 5 July 2013

"THERE IS A DESTINY THAT SHAPES OUR ENDS"



After yesterdays fall in the strawberry bed my end  is just a trifle rough hewn! Yet to my amazement this morning I was able to walk about,just, and could hold a glass of orange juice which is,frankly better than I deserve under the circumstances!

We awoke to the brilliant news that my sons book sales had vastly increased during the night and his position in the various charts covering his genre had likewise improved considerably. We drank
our morning coffee bleary eyed and rather sore but ecstatically happy while sales continued to rise.

Friday is a house cleaning day and not well liked for that reason ,yet today we sailed through the chores and were finished in record time,while book sales climbed still higher. My son, at my urging ,booked a five day break in his beloved Derbyshire to be taken at the end of August,by which time two more of his  books should be on sale.

He had budgeted for a break even if sales had been slow ,now he can take his holiday with an even better conscience. He would,if left to his own devises work all day,every day and this cannot be if he is to stay healthy.

The afternoon sun drew us out for and hour or so and we met at the pub on the river as the tide was in and toasted his success in some very good organic wheat beer,after which,home to a simple supper of bacon,eggs mushrooms tomatoes and new crusty bread.

I hope for an early night and some sound sleep, last night I was in far too much pain to sleep for more than a few minutes at a time. In spite of this I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am. To see my dear boy so happy is all I need ,nothing else  matters,nothing at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment