Saturday 20 July 2013

DREAMS DO COME TRUE




There can seldom be days such as this one has been for me,a day when I had no burden of anxiety to weigh on my spirits,a day when I did not care at all about the petty niggles of everyday.
Today all that mattered was that my mother was well and my son was happy,he even managed to have a game with the redoubtable Dungeoneers,which he had though he would be unable to attend,due to his cat's operation.

I got in to bed last night a few minutes after posting my blog and the next thing I knew it was one thirty. My son and I had coffee together and discussed the days affairs before returning to bed where I slept like a log until five. I awoke to feel a cool breeze from the open window and spent a pleasant hour just lazing about enjoying the feeling of being cool for a change.

Breakfast, made by my son was a treat and once he and his friends had departed I cleared up the kitchen and set off for the shops,really I just fancied a jaunt in the fresh air.

All day there has been a sense almost of unreality,so many worries which had occupied my mind for so long no longer exist,it was almost as if I did not know what to think about.................and it was lovely.

I made a batch of tomato and mustard soda farls for dinner and served them hot from the oven with grilled vine tomatoes and lots of dry cured bacon,perfect for a warm evening.


My son's book sales continue to rise and now I can enjoy his success with my whole heart which is what he deserves from me. The odd thing is we all feel the air of unreality,it is as if we are all having the same dream,it is such a splendid one that I hope we never wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment