Monday 1 July 2013

CAME THE DAWN





Moth was an absolute menace during the night. The probable cause of her behaviour was ,I believe ,the fact that my son had been out for most of the weekend,she missed him dreadfully and we suffered for it.

She began by giving him the air when he arrived home in the evening and by the time we had eaten dinner she had assumed a colossal sulk! She hid under my bed and refused to come out in spite of all our blandishments,we gave it up and went to bed, it was at the point that the cat went in to revenge mode!

First she woke my son by repeatedly jumping on his head and after an hour or so of this he was obliged to close his bedroom door and leave the cat outside on the landing. My bedroom door was open,spying her chance she picked up the loudest of her squeaky mice and had a party with the wretched thing on my bed.

Wide awake I sat on the bed in a very dozy state,fell asleep sitting there and fell of the bed with a thump which woke the whole house. After this I shut my bedroom door and left the cat on the landing. Peace was restored and we were soon asleep again.......temporarily. Moth decided to scratch and claw at the landing carpet in an attempt to gain access to my room and when this failed she set up a loud caterwauling loud enough to wake next doors new baby. I got up again.

I met my bleary eyed and by now desperate son on the landing and we discussed the situation,in the end I told him to return to his much disturbed slumbers and leave me to deal with the cat( really sometimes I think that altruism is highly overrated.)
Morning found me watching “Judge Judy” through eyes which resembles gooseberries in syrup, I took coffee to my son and he woke eventually and most unwillingly;we had guests coming for breakfast.............bum!

The atmosphere changed in a split second when my son discovered that his book sales had rocketed during the night and there was even more cheering when he found ,to his delight that his had risen rapidly up several influential best sellers lists. Another glowing review added to the excitement he seems to have done the impossible. The numbers involved in these rating lists is so vast that to appear on them at all is amazing,to be placed so high after so little time is astinoshing. As he read out the figures he went as white as chalk, I thought that he was going to pass out, then he began to laugh and we carried on laughing all through breakfast.


Today my son began to write another in the series of space adventures and now that he knows he has an audience so much the better. He is so very happy doing what he loves at last,my his happiness grow with each passing year.

No comments:

Post a Comment