Thursday 11 July 2013

SUNSHINE,LOLLIPOPS AND RAINBOWS



There has been an air of unreality about the past couple of weeks, to begin with the unaccustomed sunshine,welcome though it is, adds an element of strangeness. Chores such as watering the garden have meant having to dig out the hosepipe ,not needed for the purpose since.......I can't remember when.

Most of all the amazing success of my sons latest publication has furnished us with a mind bending stream of algorithms, statistics,charts and a steady stream of emails and telephone calls. We all agree that none of it seems real.

With the second novel in this series shortly to be released and the third within a week or so of completion ,we all feel as if we were riding a carousel, it's seriously weird.

I expect to come down to earth next Friday when my sons cat Moth has to be spayed. Getting the little madam into her carry box has ,in the past proved to be both time consuming and painful,I still carry the marks of my last battle with the lady. Hey ho, “Sufficient unto the day” and all that”!

The kitchen garden is still producing huge amounts of strawberries daily and it has reached the point where our neighbours pretend to be out when ever we knock....they too have eaten a few strawberries too many. The cupboards are bursting with jam and the boys are refusing point blank to even look at another strawberry.

Last year we had no crop at all, this afternoon I took a huge box of these lovely fruits to my local garden centre and left them in the staff room for the boys and girls to help themselves,they are a friendly bunch and deserve a treat.

Though things have been strange we have been incredibly happy,just watching our son's growing realisation that he is a success is more than enough for Pa and I,and a great happiness has settled upon us all.
I am writing earlier than usual as for some reason I find myself extremely tired in the evenings at the moment, old age I guess.


Now I' m off to the kitchen to make some cheese and tomato soda bread, this with some baked tomatoes and roasted peppers crispy bacon and salad will furnish tonight’s dinner.............hmmmm.......I wonder if I dare to serve strawberries and cream for afters?...........Perhaps not!

No comments:

Post a Comment