Saturday 21 January 2012

ALL IN A DAYS WORK!


If I felt sore when I got in to bed last night I felt much worse when I got out of it this morning. My whole body ached,muscle and bone and if it were not for the fact that there are no other symptoms I would swear that I had the flue. Just getting out of bed left me quite exhausted but I finally managed to drag myself down stair to make the breakfast porridge.

I may have mentioned earlier in the week that I had been given a sour dough cake starter all the way from Germany and that its name was Helmut. At the top of the recipe sheet is the legend”A Friendship Cake”. I have to report that by day nine I am swearing a vengeance upon the (friend )who gave me this ...this... “Tamagotchi” in a mixing bowl. Forget to feed it and it dies! Forget to stir it and it dies! Let it get cold and it dies! Then at the end of ten days you divide it in to four lots, make a cake with one, give two away to unsuspecting friend and start the whole damned business again with the forth. A sort of culinary chain letter if you like and I am now wondering who to foist the spare portions upon.....any volunteers?

Tomorrow Helmut will be made in to a cake and it had better be worth the trouble!
Today I made a large batch of Treacle Oaties, a biscuit of which Pa is inordinately fond and which he tells me I have not made for an age. I must say I had forgotten just how nice they are, I predict that by Wednesday there will be none left.

My sons friends arrived on time this morning and having assembled here they headed of to the public house which plays host to their weekend games of D and D. The group were amazed to discover that my son has finished his first novel, I however am not, his typing speed is legendary and he has a mind like quicksilver, a first rate combination for any kind of creative writing. This will not be published until he had written a few more in the same vane, there is a jolly good reason for this but I cannot remember what it is!

Still aching all over I produced a meal of cheese stuffed jacket potatoes with a variety of char-grilled sausages which took almost no effort, the Gods be thanked! I was obliged to resort to a couple of large G,s and T to dull the pain, well that my story and I shall stick to it!

I have purchased a large, correction huge bag of Epsom Salts and it is my intention to run a very hot bath, add a large cup of theses same salts and to sit there for as long as possible. Our next door neighbour swears by this remedy for aches and pains. The catch is that having sat for about half an hour in water that is almost unbearably hot you must then sit for five minutes in freezing cold water, If I miss out the later part you won't tell, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment