Sunday 8 January 2012

TOP GEAR BITES THE DUST




Last night I wasted an hour and a half of my precious life watching the biggest load of rubbish I have ever encountered. Yes it was even worse than “Santa Claus Conquers The Martians,” worse than “The Lost Continent and even worse than “Plan 9 From Outer Space”! My son and |I always watch Top Gear and were looking forward avidly to the Christmas Special. Last night we finally got to watch the show, which turned out to be the most dreary yawn fest imaginable.

The show consisted of three blokes faffing about in various parts of

India...............................................................
…...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................? Nothing happened.............. for an hour and a half nothing happened!

Now I know that the show always consists of three blokes cocking about but last nigh we got three cocks blokeing about and vastly dull we found it! We were bored to tears.
Both being fans for years we sat there for about half an hour in disbelief waiting for something to happen.....nothing did. After that I caught my son glancing first at me and then a t the clock and I knew that it was not just me.

We had both been unwilling to speak out for fear of spoiling the others pleasure but when we realised that we were both bored witless we were vociferous in our displeasure and I must say we were a damned sight more entertaining than Clarkson and Co!
This trashy epic spread over and hour and a half a content which would have struggled to fill thirty minutes. I was contrived, patronising and deadly dull, how the hell did they manage it?

India is anything but boring and yet these twerps contrived to reduce it to a stereotype of dogs pissing in the street crowded trains and dirt. How anyone can manage to make Jaipur dull is a mystery but they succeeded. I shall not go in to details for if you were unfortunate to have watched this tedious epic you will know what I mean and if not believe me blissful ignorance is to be preferred and to enlighten you would not be a kindness.

The Top Gear web site reflects the fury or most of the shows fans who feel that they have been robbed of an hour and a half of their lives. I felt that the show was an insult, as it the team were saying “We are so great we can get away with any old trash.” I have news for you boys, That's not so! You are only as good as your last show and your last show was rubbish!
We have been entertained by Clarkson's sexist, ageist, and ill informed remarks because he was funny, his type of humour when not funny is simply offensive. I found the whole show embarrassing, totally cringe-worthy in fact.

I cannot imagine that the Top Gear team were unaware that this show was, let us be kind, sub-standard and so their self congratulatory blog site added insult to injury.
Wake up guys! The writing is on the wall! Perhaps twenty twelve will be the end of Top Gear as we know it. I have to say too that I now wonder what the new series will be like and certainly my son and I are not looking forward to it as much as usual.

On a much more pleasant topic we have had a relaxing day and even as we speak I can hear
the party in full swing downstairs and everyone is having a great time, I have repaired to my room to watch a film leaving the boys a clear field. I have a nice glass of orange brandy and the cat who is not fond of noisy company and is using it as an excuse to hide in my bed.
The Whisky cake was well received and all is well , so ends another week at Avie's.

No comments:

Post a Comment