Friday 20 January 2012

RESULTS DAY


It was hey-ho for an early start this morning as I had and early medical appointment and as usual on such occasions I barely slept last night. My problem is that I worry in case I over sleep and as a consequence I do not sleep at all.

My son, who has been writing early and late this week was up already and we had coffee together before I got ready to go. Looking out of the window the weather looked rather bleak and I dressed accordingly. I was quite right, the wind was raw and the air freezing as I set off.

Having arrived early I parked the buggy and sat down to wait, before long I had fallen asleep and had to be awakened by the Doctor who came out to see why I had not arrived when my name was called. Knowing that I would receive my test results today I was prepared for the worst and it was not good. There seems to be considerable damage to the kidneys caused by a severe infection and there are also stones in various parts of both kidneys.

The stones are thankfully too small to cause much trouble at the moment but of course in time they will need attention. Above all I must avoid any further infection in this area as further damage could be very troublesome indeed. On the up side my blood pressure was normal and considering the nature of the news I had just received I consider that remarkable and so did my Doctor!

When the boys discovered that I was going in to town this morning it was “Can you go to the bank for me?” from my son and “You may as well pick up a bit of shopping.” from Pa.
There is nothing like being made a convenience of and I had left the house muttering darkly about being late back for breakfast and all the chores that would have to wait until my return.

By the time I had done all the errands and was on my way home it was twelve noon and I was starving. Imagine how lovely it was to arrive home to find the table laid for breakfast , the kettle boiling ready to make the tea and even more amazing all the hoovering done by my son and Pa's room dusted by the man himself. I was so relieved that I almost burst in to tears.
This week has been difficult for me as I have been in quite a lot of pain which slows me down rather. Thank the Gods for my boys.

Nor shall I be cooking this evening as tonight we are having cooked meats, cheeses and salad, whit a nice pork pie and some pate and toast and not to have to cook for once will be wonderful.

My sons writing is coming along well and the new book is amazing, it is a crime novel set in the future with some remarkable twists and turns. I have read literally hundreds of crime novels so I consider myself an expert and I say that his new book is as better than most. He has managed to keep all the atmosphere of an old fashioned who done it while fast forwarding a few centuries, it is cleverly done as normally I hate that sort of thing.

Our cat Twiggy has been very playful these last couple of days and we all have the marks to prove it. Last night she spent the better part of an hour throwing a catnip stuffed mouse toy all around the room. Later while upstairs she hid under my bed and kept on pouncing on my feet as I sat on the edge of the bed taking my night time tablets. Next she jumped on to the T.V. Table and scuffted of the remote controls on to the floor in order to sit down right in front of the screen. In short, madam made a perfect pest of herself for several hours until at last exhausted by her mischievous play time she fell fast asleep on Pa's fur hat!

And now it is bath time for me and I have some new bubbles purchased by my son to try, they purport to have the scent of grapefruit, but earlier when I took a sniff at the contents they smelled more like cat's pee on a gooseberry bush, not very encouraging but hey-ho, caution be blowed!

No comments:

Post a Comment