Thursday 26 January 2012

BACK TO EVERY DAY MATTERS



The militant ravings of yesterday might have left you wondering if you had logged on to the right blog ,on reading it again this morning so did I. In my defence I will say that I was good and mad and needed to get it out of my system, if I watched fewer current affairs programmes it would be well.

Returning to the humdrum, workaday world I am happy to inhabit.........most of the time....it has been a pleasant but rather dull day and you cannot imagine how very glad I am to be able t say so. Last year there was,at time a good deal too much variety and I crave the quiet life these days.

I spent ages tatting about in my room this morning before breakfast, I am contemplating the rearranging of some pieces of furniture and I prefer to think it through thoroughly before actually moving any thing. After all who wants to move a wardrobe twice in one day?

From this sudden desire to move, heavy furniture about and to clean in places usually unreachable I conclude that my internal clock is telling me that spring is on the way and the if I need to get any major cleaning, shifting or decorating done I had better do it now before I find that I am spending all my time either in the garden of in the kitchen dealing with mountains of produce.

I have not yet broken the news to the boys as I am well aware that I shall not be popular when I do. I shall spring the news on them suddenly, as if I had just thought of it and that will limit the amount of moaning and complaining I hall have to listen to when they do find out! Cunning eh!

Pie was on the menu for tonight and I casseroled a pound of lovely skirt beef with onions and mushrooms to make a pie for Pa and I, chicken and bacon was the filling for my sons pie and both pies were topped with puff pastry and served with sweet potato mash. I know it seems crazy O make two different pie but neither Pa or I can face another chicken dish for a while. Why we are not all sprouting feathers I cannot tell!

I have acquired some rose syrup and I intend to make a cake containing rose water and iced with the syrup, This is in the nature of an experiment as I would like to cook some thing special for Valentines Day, I would also like to make some heart shaped cookies filled with rose cream. If they do not workout I am sure the squirrels will eat them up as they adore sweet things.

Much to my annoyance I am still feeling very tired indeed,, and from day to day this seems to be getting worse. I think it is caused by the unusual amount of pain I am experiencing ,staying on my feet is certainly a struggle these days . All will be well when I get back into my beloved garden again I am sure,that is by far the best cure for any trouble, you wait and see.

I believe that house work is far more tiring to me than gardening, not just because I dislike housework but because gardening involves more moving about. When ironing I stand still, when baking and cooking I stand more or less still and it is this which I feel cause the trouble. With an injured right knee and a worn left hip standing still really is more painful than moving about. Of course that does not explain the back pain or the painful shoulder joints. My doctor says that I am too hard on myself but that is rubbish. I am convinced that the less I do the less I will be ale to do and so I mean to keep going no matter what.

Hot baths help and a comfy bed,and I am very much looking forward to both in the very near future. Good night.x

No comments:

Post a Comment