Monday 18 July 2011

IN THE MANNER OF THE WORD


Years ago when I was at drama school we used to play a game entitled “In the manner of the word”. The idea was that one player chose a word and the others had to guess what the word was by asking him or her to carry out some action in the manner of the word. Let us suppose that the word I had chosen was cowardly, you would then ask me to, shall we say visit the office in the manner of the word where upon I would carry out the action as directed probably by scuttling in and out of the door like a mouse who has spied the cat,. I am sure that you can guess my meaning. Verb sap.

One way and another this has been a tumultuous week, every way I turned I have seen some kind of skulduggery going on. If it is true, and why doubt it, that the highest in the land have been doing dirty deals with the press and that the police force was involved I can only say that these kind of goings on are despicable. If the head of the Metropolitan Police has seen fit to resign for employing a “tainted journalist” I can not see how David Cameron can stay in office, but since we see that practically every one in authority is involved in some way it could be difficult to find someone clean as it were.

I do feel strongly that even in the light of these appalling intrusions into the private lives of people like the Dowlers we must at all cocost maintain the freedom of the press. If have the media manipulated by the Government would be even more catastrophic to every man's personal freedom, and his right to know the truth about what is being done in his name. I hope that the government do not fool succeed in tricking the public in to giving them power over the press as with out this check on their iniquities they would feel able to do as they please, and lets face it they are quite bad enough as it is.

While the hue and cry is going on it is distracting attention for the fact that it is entirely possible that the finances of the European Union and the United States of America are about to take the final plunge in to the abyss, The fact that the director of the New York Stock Exchange resigned recently has not been widely reported, why is that I wonder? Given that the President is at odds with the Senate and that several States such a California are already broke the speed with which the straws are blowing in the wind suggests the possibility of a hurricane in the not to far distant future.

The richer countries in the European Union are bankrupting them selves ion an effort to save countries already in default on previous loans. If things continue in this vein for much longer money will be worthless any way ,one thing is certain folks when the crunch does come us plebs will be the last to know!

I spent last night coughing and sneezing to such an extent that it seems I have cracked a rib, this sounds far more alarming than it is and as it happens I have done this several times in the past . Unfortunately it causes a good deal of pain as I am still coughing all the time so I am all strapped up and am rattling with pain killers. Tonight I shall have to sleep sitting upright which will please my little cat who will certainly spend the night sitting in my lap instead f in the magazine basket where she has spent the past couple of nights,

I treated the boys to a breakfast of waffles as promised and I am so glad that I did as they had been looking forward to them for days. Dinner tonight was a home made lasagne another promised treat. I have felt powerless all week in the face of my sons anger and distress at the events which have unfolded at his work place, all I could do was make special treats and offer tea and sympathy. Somehow these things seem inadequate in the face of such unhappiness but it is in the end all a mum can do when her little boy has become a man ,now if I had a magic wand...........

NEWS FLASH
My sons employers have just ordered him by e mail to inform the rest of the workforce by e mail that there are to be no mandatory redundancies, again I ask if my son is doing this what the hell is the H.R department doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment