Sunday 24 July 2011

TRIALS TRIBULATIONS AND TRAGEDIES


Troubles never do come singly that much is certain but my own paled in to insignificance this morning when I heard that a friends young granddaughter had died suddenly yesterday. Nothing van ever prepare one for the death of a child and as you may imagine my friend is devastated, but when one adds to this the fact that her son in law also died recently of Motor Neuron disease the full scale of this tragedy can be seen. Her own child has now lost both husband and child and my friend is in fear for her daughters sanity ,and with reason. Such troubles as these are often more than can be born, I too have felt great grief and I know just how easy it is to descend in to the abyss.

My dear friend already has and elderly mother and a husband both in poor health and has spent the past few years shuttling between them, my admiration for her knows no bounds. Nothing that can be said or done a=can ease this burden of grief and this is the great sadness for only we ourselves can find within ourselves the strength to go on. I hope and pray that they can survive as a family the dreadful battering that fate has deal them.

My son is insistent that he will go to work tomorrow and this is very much against the best advice.
Although he say that he feel much better I happen to know that he did not sleep at all last not, I know this because I too lay awake coughing until well past dawn. Quite apart from the debilitating effects of the virus he is exhausted through lack of sleep and this is no trifling matter for someone about to embark upon a week of night shifts. I have begged, pleaded and layed down the law but to no avail. I must say that he seemed quite bright when he went off to his game this afternoon but as we all know very well things like colds and flue are always much worse at night. All the same I think that this is one argument that I shall lose.

I am now in possession of the plans which have been drawn up for the building of two house on my vegetable garden, acres and acres of plans maps and bumf! There are so many discrepancies in the statements made by the land owner that if the document were a news paper it could be called “the daily liar”I shall of course point this out with as much force as I can muster to the planning department with who's vagaries aim unfortunatley all too familiar.

While the world seems to be going mad it may seem trivial to some that I would make such a fuss about a garden but it is so much more than this,it is a way of life centuries old which is fast disappearing altogether and is rarely seen outside of a museum. I want this garden preserved not just for me but for those who came after, a Victorian kitchen garden , tended and used as it has always been. If I should fail then my small world will become much smaller and so you see I must fight .

No comments:

Post a Comment