Sunday 10 July 2011

RAINY DAYS AND SUNDAYS


Today was a real damp squib for me as I had intended to spend it working in the garden, but after having to dive for cover from the rain half a dozen times I gave up and admitted defeat.
Last night bat walk, the first of many we hope was a resounding success, due mainly to our secretary who has become an expert on bats during the past weeks. The bat walk was attended by a member of our Local Councils conservation team and our secretary was able to tell even him things about the little creatures that he did not know. That what I call dedication. He has asked to be present on our future walks and of course we are delighted with his response.

I was unable to attend as I cannot get about on rough terrain so I spent the evening writing thank you letters to all the people who have helped us to save the church yard . It was so nice to write my thanks instead of the usual verbal kicks up the backside which have been my stock in trade for so long, I still cannot believe that we won.

Next summer we hope to hold a special open day when we shall invite all who helped and encouraged us along to see what their assistance has achieved. I am in the throws of trying to find a wild life celebrity to come along to open our little nature reserve officially, this could prove difficult as we do not seem to be high profile enough for some, we shall see. If any one out there would like to come along I shall publish the detail nearer to the time, I guarantee your welcome.

Our next committee meeting on Friday will be a celebration of course but this is just the beginning for us and we fight on until we have stamped out the present culture of tidying nature out of existence at least in our area and further if we can.

Next week promises to be a trial in more ways that one for my family. My heart goes out to my son and all those involved in certain “TOP SECRET” doings, if you ask me it's a bummer! What ever it is !
For my self the long awaited hospital appointment is next Friday morning, I shall be glad to get this over with as I have been waiting for months to find out what the bumps on my kidneys actually are and hopefully to begin treatment for the kidney stones the pain of which I cannot begin to describe.
I shall have to go directly to the meeting from hospital so it will be a busy old day.

I am making quiche for dinner with a salad from the garden and some fresh beetroot cooked today, they have done well this year, I love them so much that I eat them by the pound, greedy me.
I took a picture of a grasshopper today, they are so pretty when they fly as most of them have beautifully patterned wings, this little chap was however stationary when I immortalised him. If ever there was a good reason for not hacking down all the long grasses I our parks this is one. I shall have to get a new soap box soon as my old one is falling apart due to overwork!
This blog has done more jumping about that any grasshopper so I will stop before I make you all dizzy. I wish good luck to all in the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment