Saturday 30 July 2011

STRETCHERS


Something most alarming occurred last night, something which I find incredible. A young woman who works with my son suspected that she had gone into labour more than three months prematurely, obviously an ambulance should have been sent but when the young ladies boyfriend rang N.H.S direct he was aparently told to drive his girlfriend to her birthing centre.......in Cambridge!
As you can imagine every one was astonished at this advice, Cambridge is a long way from London under such circumstances and I for one find it totally beyond belief. I can only say that the N.H.S. Must be in a much worse state than we have been led to believe,if you can believe it. Let us hope that all goes well!

I have been very busy today trying to catch up with all the gardenong which I have not done due to other pressing matters like saving the afore mentioned garden from the bulldozer.
Now that the weather is fine once again and as my son is at home next week I opened up the brick stove in the garden ready for a cook out. I also moved a large table that has been cluttering me up for weeks and now the dinning space is ready for action.

The fig tree now full of fruit has made so much growth this year that I had no choice other than to cut it back a little so that I could use the pathway. There are still a great many figs on the tree and we should have a bumper harvest....parakeets permitting! Having given the garden a jolly good watering last night I was amazed at the amount of growth that the squashes had made since yesterday, I swear that you can almost see them growing. The winter festival squashes are plentiful and large and the crown prince,a blue squash is also doing well but it is the leaf growth that is most amazing, and very lovely they are with their mottled shades of green. The young frogs have now left the strawberry patch in favour of the pumpkin beds and I can easily understand why, all that shade is perfect for them in hot weather.

My morning was spent in the kitchen baking lots of treacle oaties for the biscuit tins and a cake for my neighbour who returned last night from a holiday in Devon with his mum, he will probably join us for breakfast tomorrow as we have a lot to talk about.

I am toying with the idea of holding a carouse in the garden quite soon, I shall send out invitations to a evening of drunken debauchery, sounds good don't you think? I have lots of home made liqueurs which with a few other ingredients make a lethal punch and now that the fire is operational again I thought I might roast a big piece of pork and serve it with new bread and lots of salad. If I can stay awake long enough We have loads of fireworks left over from last year and these will make a good show if can find some where to let them off the garden being rather full at the moment.

After a week of worry and two weeks of ill health I feel the need to do a little rejoicing after all even if we lose I have learned something that almost makes the whole thing worth while and that is how very kind and caring people can be. In a world full of takers, cheats and liars it is wonderful to find that there are still some good guys out there and if that is not cause for celebration I do not know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment