Saturday 16 July 2011

WHAT GOES ON?


What a rotten week this has been, I shall be truly glad when it is over. I cannot help feeling that things have happened that will change things for ever and it makes me sad. My son has become unsettled by the whole business and in particular the shameful behaviour of those supposedly in control of things. The situation has been at best mismanaged and at the worst shows a flagrant disregard for the feelings of those in their employ. It is one thing to suspect you superiors of being inept, it is quite another to have it proved conclusively, and he,like me does not suffer fools gladly.

So now what? Who can say, for my son I think that this has shaken his previously unswerving loyalty so its roots,and I am prepared to wager that his disillusionment which has been growing for some time will bare fruit before long , unless things change drastically which seems unlikely.
These are challenging times and though some might say that any job is better than non I believe that this debacle might just prove to be the last straw and as I believe I have said before loyalty is a two way street. I can only sit and watch these things unfold and my son is behaving exactly as swallows do in the Autumn before they fly......no I do not mean that he sits chattering restlessly on telephone wires......but he is restless and he spends a good deal of time chattering on the telephone, in his room with the door tight shut.......most unusual. I know that he was offered a job recently and I think he may have reconsidered his refusal. What it is and where it is I do not know, but I have my suspicions.....

My cold kept me awake again last night and by now I am very tired indeed, I do not need a lot of sleep but I do need some. I am still keeping company with the sumo wrestler I mentioned yesterday and my other symptoms have become much worse . Our old family doctor used to say that a cold takes three days to come, stays three days and takes three days to go. After that if you still feel ill you have complications, well now have a rather unpleasant earache to add to my list of symptoms.....complications it is then!

I love the pretty mosquito net , my son hung it for me last night , he is turning out to be quite the handyman. It goes well with the other things in my room and although it is perhaps rather little girly it is the bedroom that I always wanted as a child and never had .and now thanks to the boys my room is pretty and cosy and I love it .This room is my sanctuary and although the curtains are old and the paint a little chipped here and there it is a haven of quiet when the world crowds in on me and the view from my window makes up for any minor faults. Besides I love the look of the old faded green velvet,the colour much mellowed by age is in keeping with the colours of nature on the other side of the glass, something that is old can still be beautiful I think.
Most important though is the fact that although I slept with the widow wide open all night I have no new bites,many thanks for small mercies.

Thank the Gods that it is Sunday tomorrow and there will be no parcels, no post and with luck no one else banging on the door at the crack of dawn. The bread and the cookies are made for the weekend and in the morning I intend to laze about or a while .Pa and I were to have gone to the Church FĂȘte tomorrow but as the forecast is for weather similar to today,s I shall probably give it a miss. Getting soaked to the skin even in a good cause would be silly in my present condition.

All this coughing and sneezing has given me a headache.......here we go again, now where did I put the tissues, I have used so many this week that I wish that I had shares in Kleenex.

The sun has just come out and how welcome it is, the cat Twiggy is picking her was with care up the garden path, she hates to wet her pretty paws. She has sat disconsolate on the window sill for most of the day. She is watching steam rising from the path with a keen interest, strange little creature, but so very lovable.

No comments:

Post a Comment